Please do not access or use the Site if you disagree with any of the terms of this policy as by accessing or using the Site, you agree with all the terms of this Policy. We reserve the right to make changes or modify this policy at any time so please refer to the “Last Updated” date at the bottom if you have questions about the effective date of the Policy. Any updates will apply when you access or use the Site even if they were not in place when you first visited the Side.
Personal Information We May Collect
At this time, you can generally visit the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. While we have no current plans to collect data from you, we reserve the right to collect two types of information in connection with the Site: Personal Information and Other Information. “Personal Information” identifies you or relates to you as an individual. We may collect such information through the Site including your name, email address, or other identifying information. “Other Information” does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual. We may collect Personal Information through the Site including, but not limited to, a first and last name, email address, a physical address or a phone number.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and answer any questions you may have.
- to send you updates or mailings relating to events that we think may be of interest to you.
- to keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, if you contact us through the Site, and to use such information and correspondence to respond to you.
- to send you administrative information, including information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- to provide services, including seminars and other events.
- to facilitate social sharing and networking.
- for our internal business purposes, such as improving or modifying the Site and operating and expanding our business.
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; or (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- to our third-party service providers which provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services.
- to a third party (whether affiliated or unaffiliated with us) in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, you or others; or (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser information
- Information collected through cookies and other technologies
- Demographic information and Other Information provided by you
- Aggregated information
- Zip code
How We May Collect Other Information
While we currently have no plans to, we reserve the right directly or through third-party service providers to collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Most Internet browsers transmit certain information to websites that you visit. We may use this information to ensure that the Site functions properly.
- While we currently do not use applications or other technologies to obtain Other Information, we reserve the right to use mobile applications to collect information from you in the future.
- IP Address: Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) assigns an “IP Address” to the computer that you are using to access the Internet. By viewing our Site, we will obtain your IP Address and along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. While we do not currently use IP Addresses, we reserve the right to for purposes such as calculating Sites usage levels, helping diagnose server problems and administering the Sites.
- From you: we may collect information from you when you provide it to us voluntarily such as your company, title, interests and preferred means of communication. Unless combined with Personal Information, such information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites. While we do not currently aggregate Personal Information, we reserve the right to do so to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
While we have not current plans, we reserve the right to use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where the law requires that we treat Other Information as Personal Information. In those situations, we will treat and use Other Information in the same manner in which we use and disclose Personal Information, as well as for the uses listed in the “How We May Collect Other Information” section above.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your company and title). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is so combined.
For purposes of this Site, we use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. As you may be aware, no data storage system or method of data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send sensitive or confidential information to us by email or by any other means in connection with the Site. If you have reason to believe that your communications with us have been compromised in any way, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us as provided in the “CONTACTING US” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use of your Personal Information
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us at any time, please let us know by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in any such message or by emailing us at information@Sefton.com . We will do our best to comply with any such request as soon as reasonably practicable. If you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you administrative messages; you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
You may request to review, correct, update, suppress or otherwise modify any Personal Information that you have previously provided to us through the Site or object to the use of such information by us. To do so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In such a request, please let us know what information you would like to have changed, and whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we will only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We aim to comply with requests as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please also note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records. Such information will not be removed. We may, from time to time, re-contact former users of the Site. Finally, we are not responsible for removing information from the databases of third parties (such as service providers) with whom we have shared your Personal Information.
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION FOR INDIVIDUAL CALIFORNIA USERS
Within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to third parties (i.e., our affiliates) for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of such third parties. You may make such a request no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email or mailing addresses specified in this section.
USE OF SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using our Site you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those in your country.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security numbers, credit card or other payment card information, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Sites or otherwise to us.
Sefton Family Law Group, P.C.
580 California Street, 12th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
Please note that email communications are not secure; accordingly, please do not include credit card information or other sensitive or confidential information in your emails to us.